Call for Photos, Artwork for Fundraising Calendar
The N.E.W. Zoological Society, in partnership with the NEW Zoo & Adventure Park and Capital Credit Union, is excited to announce a new contest open to all: A Feast (of Art!) for the Beasts.
The N.E.W. Zoological Society’s annual fundraising events, Feast with the Beasts and the Skunks are Beautiful Cribbage Tournament, were both cancelled this year due to COVID-19. The Society relies on funds from both these popular events to support the NEW Zoo annually, and we know that so many community members rely on these annual events, too, for an evening of fun in support of the Zoo. A Feast (of Art!) for the Beasts is a new opportunity for the public to get involved in supporting the NEW Zoo, while still having fun from home.
What’s your favorite memory of the NEW Zoo? We’re looking for photographs, artwork, and poems. Show us what you’ve got!
The contest is open to anyone, and all artwork must include a species or individual animal from the NEW Zoo. Photos or other depictions of people enjoying a moment of fun at the Zoo are encouraged! Submissions can be made electronically or through the mail. All artwork must be landscape format, with electronic images no lower than 300dpi and mailed-in artwork no smaller than 8 ½ inches by 11 inches.
Artwork submissions are due by August 15 (if mailed, must be postmarked by August 15). Winners will be notified by September 11, and the 2021 raffle calendars are expected to be ready for purchase in October. Everyone who buys a calendar will be entered into a monthly drawing to win $500, with drawings taking place on the third Monday of each month, January through December 2021. Calendars will be available for purchase at a variety of locations throughout Northeastern Wisconsin, including at the NEW Zoo. More details to come!
Timeline of Events
|July 24 - August 15||Submission of Favorite Things/Favorite Memories|
|August 31 - September 6||Facebook Contest to Determine Cover Winner (picked from 12 inside images)|
|August 31||Winner(s) Notified|
|September 11||Cover Winner Notified|
|October 1||Calendars Available for Purchase|
- Open to any creative artwork or photo related to NEW Zoo list of species: https://newzoo.org/support/adoptions
- If it’s a drawing, it must be an animal currently at the NEW Zoo
- If it’s a photo, it must be a photo taken at the NEW Zoo
- If it’s poetry, it must be about something at the NEW Zoo
- Resolution requirements: 300dpi, .jpg, .png, or .pdf file formats, landscape
- Licensing rights
- Photos and/or drawings will not be returned
- Release for use of photos, drawings, and other related medium with or without name or identification, and may be used in whole image, part, composite, distorted in character or form, and without restriction for the following purposes:
- External publication or presentation
- Internal display or presentation
- Marketing or fundraising purpose
- Winner Selections
- 12 winners will be selected, their creative artwork or photo will be used in a 2021 Calendar for fundraising
- 1 cover winner will be selected by the public via Facebook from the 12 winners to be used on the cover
- Winners (11) will receive 4 one-day tickets to the NEW Zoo (2 adults, 2 children 3 – 15, value: $34)
- Cover winner will receive a Family Plus Zoo Membership (valued: $75)
If you’d like to mail in your submission: Entries must be 8 ½” x 11” in size for mail-in submissions – MUST NOT BE FOLDED. Please send the submission in a large flat envelope, not folded, to: NEW Zoological Society Inc, PO Box 12647, Green Bay, WI 54307-2647. Entries must be postmarked by August 15.